Sunday, August 14, 2011

My Nails from the Past Few Weeks

Week of July 4
This one was my attempt at the Medival Shield. It was on all of my nails, but it just didn't look right, so I took them all off, but I couldn't bring myself to take that last one off because I had worked so hard on them. I also kind of made the sparkles gradient, but I'll try it on my whole nail next time. I still liked it enough. I took the picture a little to late in the week so the polish on my middle finger is kind of chipped.
(New York Color - Central Park, Wet n Wild - French White Creme, Wet n Wild - Hallucinate)

Week of July 11
My nails for my Harry Potter Week! Not special at all right? I was planning on painting it over with Black Crackle Nail Polish to finish off my Bellatrix Costume, but I never bought the polish in time. That whole week was rushed with my costumes because I still had to deal with my accounting class.
(Sally Hansen - Time to Shine)

Week of July 18
I'm finally wearing a super light color. I had been seeing mint everywhere and I've been wanting to try it. Personally, I think this may be a bit too light for me. I am glad I wore them for a nice sunny week this summer though.
(Sally Hansen - Mint Sorbet)
Week of July 25
My Bellatrix nails! Too bad I didn't have these for the day of! I don't know if these nails will ever get to see my costume...
(Sally Hansen - Time to Shine, Sally Hansen - Ink Splatter)

August 4
I waited to paint my nails again this time because one of my friends planned a hang out which included painting our nails. It was a super fun way to catch up with old friends, even though I'd never done it before. Haha, already 20 and I never painted my nails with friends.
Any hoo, two of my friends helped me with the polka dots because I fail at them. Most of my time went towards that one purple flower.
Sorry my nails are chipped in the photo, I didn't take the photo until the weekend...
At least now I can cross off polka-dots/stripes mix and vintage floral off my list now, but that doesn't mean they won't show up again.
(I can't name any of the polishes because they're all my friends. I know a bunch of them were Forever 21 though)
Week of August 8
My newest nails! Totally not what I originally planned. The original idea included crackle polish. It ended up looking like a blob of black. Anyways I have here, split black/silver on every other finger and the pointer and ring fingers have plain grey. The silver was made by layering a sheer silvery brownish purple color over the grey.
(Sinful Colors - Black on Black, Sally Hansen - Grey Area, Santee - Brown Speckle)

I think from now on I'll try to post all my nails from one month into one post.
I suppose August's will be quite small because two of them are already here. Oh well, Please enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment! I am looking forward to reading it! :]