Thursday, November 21, 2013

Emmy-Nominated Costume Showcase

As I was walking around Valley Fair Mall, I noticed this display of costumes. The display is gone now so, sorry that I didn't post about it sooner!



The costumes were from Mad Men, Downton Abbey, Boardwalk Empire, Once Upon a Time, Deadwood, Killing Lincoln, Killing Kennedy, Family Tree, and Game of Thrones. I seriously oo-ed and awe-d for like 30 minutes and would have for longer, but I had to leave. I wish I could have gone back for pictures of each individual costume. I didn't even get all the angles of it as a group, because I didn't know we could take pictures, until late.



These two are from Once Upon a Time for Mrs. Mary Darling. In the back facing the camera is one from Mad Men for Jane Sterling. The ones not facing the camera in the back are from Deadwood: yellow in the back is for Janie Stubbs and purple is for Alma Garret.


From left to right of the dresses facing the costume: Boardwalk Empire - Margaret Thompson, Mad Men - Peggy Olson, Killing Lincoln - Mary Todd Lincoln, Family Tree - Rebecca Schmelff Chadwich


I actually had time to send in this info and this Martha Levinson (Downton Abbey) costume to DowntonAbbeyAddicts.com though >.<




The Game of Thrones actually had a display case of it's own!


Sadly there was no legend for these though. I don't actually watch Game of Thrones, so I cannot identify any of the costumes. I really want to start watching it though.



When I went to Wondercon 2011, I was actually able to see a few costumes there, and they were so glorious as well. I wish I could share the photos, but my computer broke in May of 2011, so I lost all of my pictures from before then. It was a great promo for before the show came out. They even had the throne where they take your picture on it. They posted all the pictures online, some people had really great poses, I wish I wasn't so shy! So, here's a bonus picture of the throne (but with me sitting in it >.<)





3 comments:

  1. Ooh, this looks like so much fun! I love costumes so very much. To answer your question, the hat does have an elastic band that you could use to wear it (it goes under the chin), but I actually just pin it on with a couple of longer length bobby pins! Hope this helps. :)

    xox Sammi
    www.thesoubrettebrunette.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your picture came out cute! Love the outfit!


    xo freshfizzle

    ReplyDelete
  3. I woulda loved to see this in person!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comment! I am looking forward to reading it! :]